Thursday, July 23, 2009

Recessionista

Recessionista, as defined by Urban Dictionary, is "A person who is able to stick to a tight budget while still managing to dress stylishly." With the economy in a downward spiral, and the need to be stylish exponentially growing, recessionistas are popping up everywhere. Now, you can be a recessionista Stardoll-er as well! The monthly sale this month might not be the most encouraging sale ever, but there are a couple of a cheap and chic items that Superstars should shop and save on.
Paris Dress - originally $8, now only $4. Though it may not be for everyone, I love the lace detailing and girlish full skirt. The olive tone is a color rarely in one's wardrobe, and thus makes it essential to have.
Gaga Dress - originally $10, now only $5. I'm not a Lady Gaga style fan. Her music is great for the clubs, but her style leaves much to be desired in my books. However, at that price, I say go for it, and by the iconic Gaga dress.
Rose Tube Dress - originally $8, now only $4. To put it simply, for the days you want to look pretty and lady-like without a great deal of fuss.
Leaf Print Dress - originally $9, now only $4. A classic black and white sheath dress, with a lovely leaf detail. It is has the 40's elegance that the 00's lacks.
Stereo Print Bag - originally $8, now only $4. $8 was steep for a bag, but the new price makes this ironic bag affordable.
Port Purse - originally $5, now only $2. Because who can say no to an adorable candy apple red clutch? Especially at that price?
Printed Pumps - origninally $5, now only $2. Recessionistas know a timeless shoe when they see one. Black pumps are always stylish, but the print keeps them fresh.
What will you buying?
Update: The Elle collection showed that it wasn't on sale for some reason on my computer. However, the old collection is, for the most part, on sale. There are quite a few good deals there, including the Modern Moto Jckt and Extra Long Modern Blazer.
Share:

11 comments

Bluegreen86 said...

Wow! I absolutely love the whole idea of a Recessionista! I am a proud Recessionista!

Out of the sale we both chose similar items so I think great minds think alike :P

_kool_kat_1 said...

wow! thanks for the tips! and i agree all those items are so chic

I Exhale Vanilla Lace said...

Gosh I love sales! Thanks!!!

Unknown said...

personally, I luv the Paris Dress altho it is a bit tilted n looking to the right side.
All those dresses r gr8 and I'm so glad their on sale.

Anonymous said...

Love this article :)

talonofthehawk said...

I am a sure Recessionista! XDD

The items chosen to be on sale this month are awesome! ^^

Sara/cutie07392 said...

Good post!
I'm gonna buy the rose dress.

Aaliyah/hip-hop-girl123 [On SD] said...

I love this sale! I went made and spent 30 stardollars on it. I brought tonnes of Shoes & Bags.
I have been waiting for the sterio bags prices to go down, and it finally has!
I brought the pink and the mint one.

bobdude123 said...

hehe i love that line you used "lady gaga's style leaves so much to be desired" e.g trousers :D

2_cutecarla said...

I like that word.

Valarie said...

Yay, Sales!

© Stardoll's Most Wanted... | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig